Salesforce Releases Field Service Lightning to Connect IoT Devices
|Stuart Parkerson in IoT Thursday, March 17, 2016|
Salesforce has launched Field Service Lightning, a new field service solution built for mobile and the Internet of Things (IoT) that harnesses signals from connected devices and customer data With the platform companies have a new option to engage customers, connected devices, agents, dispatchers, and employees in the field.
The Field Service Lightning is available through the Salesforce Service Cloud and provides companies with the ability to:
- Connect their entire service workforce: Field Service Lightning connects the entire service organization from call center to the field. Agents, dispatchers and mobile employees in the field access a single, centralized platform - providing service agents with a 360-degree view of the customer and the ability to create a work order from any case.
- Intelligently schedule and dispatch work: The platform provides the ability to schedule appointments or dispatch technicians automatically by using intelligence that indicates a technician’s area of expertise or proximity to a field location. Scheduling is automated based on skills, availability, and location to optimize on-site service.
- Track and manage jobs in real-time from any mobile device: Field Service Lightning enables all service employees to update work orders, issue change requests and adjust job status, anytime, anywhere and on any device.
- Manage complex assets: Companies can track information about all of customers’ products and leverage asset hierarchy to track products made up of several parts all in one view.
- Monitor performance in real time: With Salesforce’s real-time reporting and analytics companies can tap into business data from multiple systems for enhanced analytics and gain visibility into agent, dispatcher, technician, and partner performance from a single platform.
Read more: http://www.salesforce.com/fieldservicelightning