Salesforce Announces New IoT, Analytics and Cloud Services at Dreamforce 2015
Monday, September 21, 2015
It’s hard to overwhelm San Francisco with a software conference, however with over 150,.000 people attending Saleforce’s Dreamforce conference, the city was at busting at its seams with technology representatives from across the globe.
During the conference, Salesforce announced several new initiatives to help strengthen its position of offering companies an ever expanding list of technological services.
The new Salesforce IoT Cloud will offer IoT connectivity from devices, sensors, applications to Salesforce platforms utilizing Salesforce Thunder - a scalable, real-time event processing engine. The new IoT Cloud is Salesforce’s foray helping companies utilize Salesforce products to leverage sales, service, marketing or any other business process to any connected device.
Salesforce Analytics Cloud now offers New Wave Actions which enables Salesforce users to create analytics apps that take actions directly at the point of insight from within any Wave Analytics dashboard.
Through its acquisition of RelateIQ, SalesforceIQ automatically captures, analyzes and surfaces information that is relevant for customer relationships from email, calendars and more. It seeks out the patterns needed to provide insights into future outcomes and proactively recommends actions to build stronger relationships with customers and accelerate sales.
Microsoft and Salesforce
Salesforce announced new solutions in partnership with Microsoft that will integrate Salesforce with Skype for Business, OneNote, Delve and Windows 10. The new integrations are expected to be in preview in the second half of 2016 and include:
- Salesforce will integrate Skype for Business (formerly known as Lync) into its new Lightning Experience, which will allow Office 365 customers to use Skype for Business to create Web meetings, determine if colleagues are online or not, click to chat and make voice and video calls from the Salesforce Lightning Experience.
- OneNote Integration with Salesforce Lightning Experience provides the ability for users to associate notes with Salesforce records, and view and edit notes directly in OneNote from the Salesforce Lightning Experience.
- Salesforce Integration with Office Graph and Office Delve: Enabled by the Office Graph, an open ecosystem for sharing, collaboration and discovery, Office 365 users will be able to view and discover Salesforce content in Office Delve, such as sales opportunities, customer accounts and service cases.
- Salesforce1 Mobile App for Windows 10: Salesforce will deliver a Windows 10 app to allow sales teams to move deals forward while on the go, using their favorite Windows device.
Read more: http://www.salesforce.com/
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more