Report from Perfecto Mobile Shows iOS Outpacing Android for Enterprise
|Stuart Parkerson in Mobile Tech Saturday, February 15, 2014|
A new study from Perfecto Mobile finds more enterprises are turning to Apple iOS than Android in the enterprise, especially in finance and retail.
Perfecto Mobile has released its first MobileCloud Device Statistics Report, which found that customers testing applications dedicated more testing hours to iOS apps vs. Android apps. This report uncovers which devices enterprises are using for application testing, by analyzing 90,000 testing hours from October – December 2013 using 1,400 mobile devices for 1,200 customers across North America and Europe.
The company reports that while Android represents more than half of the U.S. device market share and some 80 percent of the global markets, enterprises are still spending more testing hours with iOS devices.
In addition to measuring the time spent on the different operating systems, Perfecto Mobile’s device statistics report explored device test selection by manufacturer, preferred operating systems by vertical and tablet vs. smartphone penetration across market segments.
Key findings include:
- Advertising far outweighs any other segment in its preference to test on Android operating systems. Retail and airline companies prefer Android the least, with approximately 75 percent of testing hours dedicated to iOS.
- Apple was the preferred device manufacturer to test applications, with 49 percent of hours tested. Samsung came in second with 29 percent of hours tested, HTC at 8 percent and Motorola at 6 percent.
- Media and entertainment rule the tablet market with 40 percent of their testing hours dedicated to tablets vs. smartphones. Next was retail, with approximately 30 percent dedicated to tablets. Airlines spent the least amount of time testing on tablets, with less than 5 percent of time dedicated to such devices.
The full report is available on at the link below.
Read more: http://www.perfectomobile.com
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more