Quali Open Sources Python Based Automation for Cloud Sandboxes
|Stuart Parkerson in Cloud Services Wednesday, March 30, 2016|
Quali’s platform automates the DevOps lifecycle through the use of Cloud Sandboxes, providing an opportunity for IT teams to offer catalogs of Sandboxes that incorporate mixed infrastructure - from physical networking and infrastructure to virtual infrastructure and cloud interfaces - to applications.
The company has announced that it has open-sourced its plug-ins known as Shells and is making them available through a newly formed developer community. Quali is also providing product features including Python libraries and extended APIs, which will make it easier for developers to create and share new Shells and complex Sandbox orchestration workflows.
Quali is announcing the following:
- Open sourcing of Quali’s Shell modules under the Apache 2.0 license
- Native support for Python-based shell automation and sandbox workflows
- Full set of northbound Python APIs and libraries for integration with DevOps and application lifecycle tools
- A Developer’s Center website with a registry of all available open source shells, as well as tools for developers such as tutorials, best practices, samples and videos.
The Developer’s Center website will be available within 60 days. All other components that are part of the Developer’s community are now available.
Read more: http://www.qualisystems.com/company/overview/
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more