Preview of Xamarin.Insights Provides Real time App Monitoring System
|Stuart Parkerson in Programming Friday, October 10, 2014|
Xamarin had released the preview for Xamarin.Insights, a real-time monitoring system that will help developers identify, report, and track issues that are impacting users with a single API.
Developers can add Insights into an application with a single line of code providing the ability to gather and report any uncaught native or managed exceptions. In addition, developers will be able to track both past and active sessions, with full access to device statistics such as operating system and screen resolution. For a deeper level of control, developers can “report” any caught exception, along with any additional data that will help diagnose the issue, using Insights’ API.
In addition to crash reporting, Insights provides the ability to track any event that occurs in an application with a single method call. Insights’ event tracking can track page views, button clicks, and performance by reporting how long operations take to complete. To help reproduce unknown bugs, Insights can combine event tracking with user identification to dive into specific details.
The Xamarin Insights solution provides the following:
- Insight into how users are interacting with apps with events
- Comprehensive error reporting, including stack traces for both native and managed exceptions
- Tools to prioritize key issues that customers are experiencing
- Full cross-platform support with portable class library support
- Integration of analytics and crash reporting
All of this information is browsable from the Insights dashboard. Insights also integrates with services such as GitHub, HipChat, Visual Studio Online, Campfire, and more, allowing for instant notifications on critical information.
Xamarin Insights is available for all active Xamarin subscribers at no additional charge for the next few months as a preview. Pricing will be announced at the end of the preview.
Read more: http://xamarin.com/insights
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more