Plectica LLC launches VideoKit for developers
Wednesday, November 11, 2020
Plectica LLC launched a developer tool that provides a fast and easy way to embed flexible video features into any software product or service.
Plectica LLC introduced VideoKit, a developer tool that provides a fast and easy way to embed flexible video features into any software product or service, including custom apps built for virtual events, multiplayer games, remote work and other apps for collaboration and socializing.
Connecting and collaborating with others remotely - for work, school, or leisure - has become the new normal during COVID-19. As a result, many companies are developing new applications with features that replicate and even improve upon the best aspects of in-person experiences and events.
These applications could be anything from a platform for hosting virtual events, to an HR tool for conducting remote interviews and assessments, to a yoga studio that wants to stream live group workouts, to an e-learning app where teachers and students can play educational multiplayer games together. There are countless to add face-to-face interaction and the experience of an application designed for people to work, meet, and mingle online.
“Because of COVID and continued social distancing guidelines, people have realized that video conferencing software like Zoom and Microsoft Teams are not silver bullets and don’t really work well for running certains kinds of virtual events, conducting remote learning, or even casually socializing with family and friends,” said CEO Adam Riggs. “All of the developers, creative studios, and independent software vendors tackling these challenges today can use VideoKit to easily integrate an optional video layer into their custom application in just minutes, so they can focus on their core competencies and accelerate time to market.”
Key Features for Customizing an App’s Video Call Experience:
- Video Streams and Controls: Control the layout and appearance of your video call interface by adding style parameters or your own external stylesheet URL
- Screen Sharing: Leverage the browser Screen Capture API to let call participants to share their desktop, window, or tab
- Participants details: Allow call participants to manage their public details, like their name and avatar, or pass along user attributes your app already uses
- Non-verbal feedback: Foster non-verbal communications that don’t require unmuting, like emoji reactions, statuses, and direct feedback
- Chat: Message call participants in real-time using text-based chat with built-in previews, links, files, and notifications
VideoKit is offered by the same company that developed Team.Video, a video conference platform designed to inspire increased engagement in meetings and empower organizations to measure and improve the health of their meeting culture.
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more