Perfecto Mobile Launches LocalLink for Location Based Testing of Internet of Things Apps
|Stuart Parkerson in IoT Wednesday, March 4, 2015|
Perfecto Mobile has released LocalLink, a new extension to its Continuous Quality Lab that addresses location-based quality needs and testing of Internet of Things (IoT). Perfecto’s Continuous Quality Lab is a flexible hybrid cloud test lab that addresses location-based use cases and IoT.
The new LocalLink extension expands test coverage and capabilities, mitigates risks that businesses face in releasing faulty apps, and improves the velocity of the app delivery process to accelerate overall time to market.
Perfecto Mobile's LocalLink connects devices in-hand, to Perfecto’s cloud-based Continuous Quality Lab, allowing organizations to test their apps anywhere they choose while centrally managing all devices, hosted and local, in one integrated environment.
LocalLink allows companies to add devices to their existing cloud as needed, while still experiencing the benefits of the Continuous Quality Lab. In addition, LocalLink allows for testing IoT, which often requires proximity to the device during operation (due to connecting via Bluetooth or WiFi).
LocalLink can be customized for:
- Location-based Testing: In some cases there is a need to have a device at a specific location or in close proximity to the tester to ensure accuracy. This can be a critical requirement as mobile apps can be impacted by network conditions that can only be found on location (stores, banking branches, stadiums, etc.). With LocalLink, users can add devices, from any location in the world, to the Continuous Quality Lab and run a fully managed and centralized quality process that is remotely accessed and includes all devices across multiple sites.
- IoT and Unique Integrations: As the connected enterprise becomes more complex, so does the world of testing. The mobile landscape continues to evolve and grow to include interactions with unique or proprietary devices such as refrigerators, scales, thermometers, wearables, etc. but the overall testing process still needs to be managed holistically and as part of the continuous quality process users have come to expect. LocalLink makes this possible by allowing connectivity between the app and the IoT device to be conducted via Bluetooth or local WiFi.
Read more: http://blog.perfectomobile.com/2015/02/27/product-...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more