|Stuart Parkerson in HTML5 Wednesday, April 1, 2015|
The Kendo UI framework facilitates responsive design capabilities via a natural integration with the Bootstrap framework and an internal auto-resizing mechanism and API model. With the latest release of the Kendo UI suite, Telerik has introduced a range of improvements targeting mobile web applications of all types and sizes. These new features improve the user experience when interacting with mobile web apps as well as the effectiveness of message delivery by optimizing the usage of screen estate.
New features enable developers to:
- Define whether to show the same Grid or TreeList content on desktop, tablet and phone, or specify different settings for each device.
- Automatically hide the left section of the SplitView widget with on-demand visibility.
- Shift the overflow of view options in Scheduler into dropdown lists or offer date abbreviations, when possible.
Also with this release the Kendo UI framework, and the suites for server-side development - UI for ASP.NET MVC, UI for PHP, and UI for JSP - have also made updates to some of its most popular widgets including:
- Export capabilities for all professional widgets
- Excel-like filtering with check boxes and copy/paste cell text in Grid
- Column features in TreeList, such as reordering and resizing, show and hide, and static (frozen) columns support
- Exposure of visual templates in Chart for core elements, enabling developers to tweak or completely replace portions of the chart with custom visualizations
- Virtual scrolling in ComboBox
Read more: http://www.telerik.com/kendo-ui