New Release of Sencha Space Offers Offline Application Support
|Stuart Parkerson in HTML5 Monday, February 23, 2015|
Sencha has released Sencha Space 1.3, the latest version of its application management platform which provides the ability to deploy business applications to desktops, tablets, and smartphones in a secure web application environment that encrypts and segregates proprietary apps and data on the device.
Space consists of two parts:
- An app that end users download and install on their laptops, tablets, and smartphones.
- An admin console application to manage users’ access to applications and data available in the cloud and on-premise.
The Sencha Space platform helps organizations deploy, audit, and secure applications on any supported desktop, tablet, or smartphone. It supports the creation and management of offline applications, deployed to a fully customized instance of the Space client application. HTML5 apps can be deployed in a fully custom-branded instance of Space.
New features in this release:
- Offline application support: Create and deploy secure applications that will work offline or with low-quality network connections.
- Customized Space client app creation: Deploy HTML5 apps into a fully custom-branded native client application.
- Explicit device authorization: Administrators have control over user and device access with the ability to require explicit authorization of new device enrollment.
- New additions to the Space SDK: New APIs that allow applications to have many new capabilities when running inside of a Sencha Space container. Space's APIs are framework independent and can be used by any web application regardless of framework(s) that application is written with.
Visit the Sencha website to learn more.
Read more: http://www.sencha.com/products/space/