New Rackspace Private Cloud Leverages Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack
|Stuart Parkerson in Cloud Services Monday, February 22, 2016|
Rackspace has launched a new Rackspace Private Cloud which is powered by Red Hat. The new solution offers a managed private cloud deployment of upstream OpenStack delivered as-a-service using the Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform. The new offering expands the Rackspace OpenStack-as-a-Service product portfolio offering OpenStack private and hybrid clouds.
The Rackspace Private Cloud powered by Red Hat is co-managed by OpenStack and Red Hat and offers a 99.99 percent OpenStack API uptime guarantee. Rackspace is also contributing to Red Hat’s efforts to improve Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform by testing and certifying for hardware and software compatibility, performance and availability. Rackspace manages and maintains the Red Hat environment including the underlying Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Red Hat Satellite and Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform.
The new Red Hat powered Rackspace Private Cloud offers the following:
- Red Hat Certified Solution: The solution is a certified deployment of Red Hat Linux OpenStack Platform that is enterprise hardened and supported by a broad partner ecosystem.
- Reduced Complexity: Companies have a single point of contact that will deploy, manage and maintain their Red Hat powered private cloud at Rackspace. As an additional feature, companies have the flexibility of bringing their own Red Hat subscriptions to Rackspace, using Red Hat Cloud Access.
Read more: https://www.rackspace.com/cloud/private/openstacks...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more