New QASymphony Tool Compiles Test Results into Visual Heat Map
|Stuart Parkerson in Enterprise Wednesday, August 5, 2015|
QASymphony has announced the general availability of qMap, a visual mapping solution for Agile testers of cloud, mobile, big data and IoT applications.
In beta since April, qMap utilizes data from QASymphony’s exploratory testing tool, qTest eXplorer, to provide visual insight into features tested, by whom, bugs, testing time and defects related to functions of the application.
qMap helps developers identify high-risk areas in an application and resolve them before the release by tracking and analyzing testing results across systems, and compiling results in a heat map. This visual display allows development teams to quickly identify areas with a concentration of defects or gaps in testing coverage.
qMap shows testing data in the context of the application, by automatically generating a map of the screens in an application and overlaying test results onto it. For example, the qMap visualization shows darker colors on screens where more bugs have been noted, making it easy to quickly identify the problem areas in the application. The application testing tool allows for filtering across a number of variables including time frame, sprint, tester, defect criteria, and various configurable note types.
Read more: http://www.qasymphony.com/qmap-reporting.html
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more