New Alexa voice commands now available for many Netgear products
|Christian Hargrave in IoT Thursday, March 2, 2017|
Amazon Echo can now control Netgear equipment with new voice commands.
The Amazon Alexa voice service has become a popular command center for smart homes. And now, using the NETGEAR skill for Alexa, you can ask Alexa to turn on or off a guest WiFi network or securely remind you of your own WiFi password via a card to Alexa app. To be able to take advantage of these capabilities, you need an Alexa voice service-enabled product such as the Amazon Echo speaker or the Amazon Fire TV voice remote, as well as a supported NETGEAR product.
NETGEAR products that currently support Alexa:
- Orbi Tri-Band Home WiFi System (Model: RBK50, RBK53)
- Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router (Model: R7000)
- Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Router with MU-MIMO (Model: R7000P)
- Nighthawk AC2350 Smart WiFi Router with MU-MIMO (Model: R7500v2)
- Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Smart WiFi Gaming Router (Model: R7800)
- Nighthawk X4S AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router (Model: D7800)
- Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Tri-Band WiFi Router (Model: R8000)
- Nighthawk X8 AC5300 Tri-Band WiFi Router (Model: R8500 and R8300)
- Nighthawk X8 AC5300 Tri-Band WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router (Model: D8500)
- Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router (Model: R9000)
Learn the best ways to organize your app development projects, and keep code straight, clients happy, and breathe a easier through launches.
Write and run code every step of the way, using Android Studio to create apps that integrate with other apps, download and display pictures from the web, play sounds, and more. Each chapter and app has been designed and tested to provide the knowledge and experience you need to get started in Android development.
How to create a profitable, sustainable business developing and marketing mobile apps.