Metadata can be deadly in cyber exploitation
|Christian Hargrave in Security Tuesday, July 18, 2017|
ICIT has published a briefing about why Metadata is the Most Potent Weapon in This Cyber War - The New Cyber-Kinetic-Meta War.
Metadata, or “data about data,” is collected and recorded to describe data, identify trends, administer algorithmic solutions, and model potential scenarios. When one understands how to make sense of seemingly random metadata or how to pair the data with other exfiltrated data pools, there are limitless possibilities for social engineering and cyber exploitation in attacks that weaponize psychographic and demographic Big Data algorithms.
ICIT has published a briefing entitled “Metadata: The Most Potent Weapon in This Cyber War - The New Cyber-Kinetic-Meta War.” In it, we offer an analysis of this underreported threat to our National Security though a comprehensive assessment of how meta-exploits are hyper-evolving an already next-generation adversarial landscape.
This includes discussions on:
- How dragnet surveillance and retroactive legislation impede cybersecurity
- How S.J. Res 34 allows ISPs to undermine national security and privacy
- How Meta-Exploits expedite nation-state attacks on critical infrastructure
- How Meta-Exploitation of Big data and metadata augments extremist recruiting of Niche personnel enables cyber-kinetic attacks
- Unmasks users with psychographic and demographic algorithms
- Transforms remote contractors into insider threats
- Undermines democratic institutions
- Impedes financial systems
- Precisely tailors disinformation and fake news
- Disrupts energy systems
- Can cripple the healthcare sector
Read more: http://icitech.org/icit-brief-metadata-the-most-po...
The necessary steps to secure your environment for all of the components that are involved in a z Systems cloud infrastructure that uses IBM z/VM and Linux on z Systems.
Learn the best ways to organize your app development projects, and keep code straight, clients happy, and breathe a easier through launches.
Write and run code every step of the way, using Android Studio to create apps that integrate with other apps, download and display pictures from the web, play sounds, and more. Each chapter and app has been designed and tested to provide the knowledge and experience you need to get started in Android development.
How to create a profitable, sustainable business developing and marketing mobile apps.