Marmalade Offers New BackendasaService for Cross Platform Game Developers
Tuesday, October 20, 2015
Marmalade is now offering Marmalade Game Services offering a new backend service powered by GameSparks, a cross platform Backend-as-a-Service (BaaS) provider for games.
Through the GameSparks platform and integration via their C++ SDK, Marmalade Game Services allows developers to build the server-side features of their game, offering the ability to connect and communicate with players, manage and optimize game performance and in-game economies and offer multiplayer features across all major platforms.
Marmalade Game Services offers leaderboards, multiplayer, notifications, player save data and much more. Developers can use realtime and turn-based multiplayer, chat, challenges and social network integrations to drive player engagement and retention for games.
Developers can also monetize game apps using cross-platform in-app purchase services such as in-game currencies to reward players and create trading systems. There is also the ability to manage inventory lists of virtual goods, make changes in realtime, and support inter-relationships between goods and currencies. Player management capabilities include player management, notifications, custom analytics, segmentation, and operator screens.
An overview of features includes:
- Cloud Code: Create and manage server-side logic using an online cloud coding tool and debugger. Add logic to existing features using the event library or build a server-side API to add any server-side capability to a game.
- Cloud Data: Build runtime or metadata collections. Get access to a game's underlying data via NoSQL Explorer interface.
- Binary Asset Management: Manage downloadable content or capture binaries from a player’s device to share with other players.
- Push Notifications, Messages and Game Localization: Manage all communications with players from one backend.
The new service and partnership is the first in a suite of cloud-based offerings from Marmalade called Marmalade Cloud Services, designed to help developers throughout the entire lifecycle of their game, from initial concept through to live management. These services will be offered in conjunction with third providers like GameSparks and will be integrated within the Marmalade user experience.
Read more: https://www.madewithmarmalade.com/cloud/game-servi...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more