Major Updates for Azure Mobile Backend Development
|Stuart Parkerson in Windows Mobile Monday, July 1, 2013|
Microsoft has released some great updates to Windows Azure that make it significantly easier to develop mobile applications that use the cloud. These new capabilities include:
Mobile Services: Custom API support
Mobile Services: Git Source Control support
Mobile Services: Node.js NPM Module support
Mobile Services: A .NET API via NuGet
Mobile Services and Web Sites: Free 20MB SQL Database Option for Mobile Services and Web Sites
Mobile Notification Hubs: Android Broadcast Push Notification Support
Most of these improvements are now available to use immediately but some are still in preview so stay tuned for some more updates to come.
Read more: http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2013/06/14/...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more