Logentries Offers New Cloud Service for Anomaly Detection and Inactivity Alerting
Thursday, August 21, 2014
Logentries is launching a new anomaly detection and inactivity alerting platform to help monitor, troubleshoot and resolve production system issues in real-time.
Using advanced machine-learning technology, the Cloud-based Logentries Anomaly Detection automatically notifies users when abnormal events occur or pattern deviations surpass defined thresholds. Additionally, Logentries users can create real-time alerting based on the absence of expected events or a shift in system behavior patterns.
As modern systems are increasingly decoupled and distributed, IT and Development Operations teams often lack an effective means to monitor, troubleshoot and resolve potential issues with their production systems. When there is a shift in system behavior, or something abnormal has occurred, it is important to be automatically notified in real-time in order to mitigate potentially serious events or system-wide outages.
For example, if a server response time changes from one second to five seconds, but does not generate any standard errors, Operations teams could miss the issue because they did not receive an alert. Logentries’ new Anomaly Detection and Inactivity Alerting enables users to easily create a baseline query to extract specific log-based data that they want to monitor and receive alerts on.
The Logentries Anomaly Detection platform offers the following attributes:
- Set-up real-time alerting based on deviations from important patterns and log events.
- Easily customize Anomaly thresholds and compare different time periods.
- Drill into specific field level data, not just generic events.
- Receive alerts via text message, email, SMS, PagerDuty, HipChat, and Campfire.
- Monitor standard, incoming events such as an application heart beat.
- Receive real-time alerts based on log inactivity (i.e. receive alerts when something does not occur).
- Monitor systems for specific server performance issues or configuration issues.
- Monitor application availability 24/7.
The cloud-based Logentries service collects and pre-processes log events in real-time for on-demand analysis, alerting and visualization. With custom tagging and filtering, users can correlate security and performance issues with broader infrastructure activity including application usage, server metrics, and user behavior.
Logentries is currently offering a free, all-inclusive 30-day trial of the Logentries service.
Read more: https://logentries.com/
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more