Keep kids busy with SugarCoded by SmartGurlz
|Freeman Lightner in Apps Friday, April 3, 2020|
SmartGurlz founder Sharmi Albrechtsenher beat out 40,000 other entrepreneurs on ABC's Shark Tank and closed a deal with Daymond John on her line of groundbreaking toys that use an award-winning robotics platform to teach basic coding skills to girls as young as 6.
Are you looking for constructive ways to keep your children stimulated and engaged during the COVID-19 school shutdown? SmartGurlz founder Sharmi Albrechtsen beat out 40,000 other entrepreneurs on ABC's Shark Tank and negotiated with guest "shark" Richard Branson, before closing a deal with Daymond John on her line of groundbreaking toys that use an award-winning robotics platform to teach basic coding skills to girls as young as 6.
"Many girls' toys lag behind in the development of spatial skills, hands-on problem-solving skills, and confidence with coding and computer science. These are exactly the skills that SmartGurlz aims to develop," explains SmartGurlz founder Sharmi Albrechtsen.
The SmartGurlz line of unique, interactive, self-balancing robots and dolls are controlled with the SugarCoded App than can be downloaded onto an IOS or android phone or tablet that once downloaded requires no Wi-Fi, just Bluetooth.
A full, step-by-step tutorial teaches basic coding strategies so young girls can maneuver the toys around obstacle courses of their own design. With several levels of learning and challenges, the toy keeps kids occupied several hours a week for 4-6 months.
The company is also offering a free weekly webinar for parents and kids affected by COVID-19 that includes getting started, tips and tricks, and weekly home assignments.
Girls playing with SmartGurlz products learn three key concepts:
1. Spatial Reasoning. Girls learn how to direct/orient their robots in new environments and interpret maps.
2. Computer Programming. Girls learn to program their robots using our kid-friendly coding App called SugarCoded.
3. Storytelling & Problem-Solving. Girls learn to tell stories and solve missions via coding.
The SmartGurlz product line also includes an e-book series available through the App that focuses on the everyday adventures of four talented young women studying at the fictional New York Institute of Technology — N.I.T.
We're all adjusting to a new normal. You can use this extra time at home to inspire the female tech leaders of tomorrow with toys that integrate the power of play with the power of technology.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more