Intel Releases New INDI Toolkit for Android and Windows Mobile Cross Platform Development
Monday, October 20, 2014
Intel has released the Intel Integrated Native Developer Experience 2015 toolkit (Intel INDE) which is a cross-platform productivity suite that provides developers with tools, support, integration and updates to create C++/Java applications for Android and Windows applications on ARM and Intel architecture
Bundled within Intel INDE are tools to facilitate the application development workflow: environment setup (IDE integration for Android), common function libraries optimized for each platform (such as media, threading libraries, and utility libraries), compilers, debugging tools, and analysis and optimization tools.
Intel INDE supports 64-bit host systems running Microsoft Windows 7-8.1, and ARM and Intel® architecture-based target devices running Android 4.3 & up, and Microsoft Windows 7-8.1 devices based on Intel architecture.
Intel INDE is offered in three editions:
- The Starter Edition provides tools and libraries to find performance bottlenecks, add professional-grade media and context-aware capabilities to an app, develop OpenCL kernels for GPU offload, and integrate with popular third-party tools.
- The Professional Edition contains the Starter components, native C++ debugging for Android, graphics debugger and provides audio encoding and decoding capabilities for Windows.
- The Ultimate Edition adds to the Professional with tools for performance and efficiency, Intel Threading Building Blocks and Intel Integrated Performance Primitives and Intel C++ Compilers for Android and Windows. The Professional Edition and the Ultimate Edition include Intel Premier Support.
Read more: https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-inde
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more