Intel Releases Beacon Mountain for Android
|Stuart Parkerson in Android Friday, May 24, 2013|
Intel has released the Beacon Mountain development environment for Android apps on Intel Atom and ARM processor-based devices. Supporting Jelly Bean it runs on Microsoft Windows 7 and 8, 64-bit host environments. The tools are compatible with Eclipse and support popular Android SDKs including the Android NDK.
Intel says that it will release the Apple OS X version later in the year.
"The Android suite provides the tools you need to design, code, debug and accelerate application development," Intel engineer Steven LaBelle said in an online video on the Intel Website announcing Beacon Mountain. “It helps shorten your development cycle by enabling applications and components created using it to support both Intel Atom- and ARM-based devices."
Read more: http://software.intel.com/en-us/vcsource/tools/bea...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more