IBM Throws Support Behind Cloud Foundry Program
|Stuart Parkerson in Enterprise Friday, July 26, 2013|
Cloud Foundry is an interoperable Platform-as-a-Service framework that allows companies to choose across cloud infrastructure and application programming models, and cloud applications. Cloud Foundry is an Apache 2.0 licensed project and available on Github with more information available at www.cloudfoundry.com.
IBM will incorporate Cloud Foundry into its open cloud architecture and help establish a community advisory board of Cloud Foundry users and vendors. Part of the IBM’s contribution to the program is iWebSphere Application Server Liberty Core, a lightweight version of IBM’s WebSphere Application Server which is designed to allow enterprise solutions to be deployed in a less complex, yet rapid development and deployment of web, mobile, social and analytic applications using fewer resources.
IBM and Pivotal will co-host a community conference for Cloud Foundry September 8-9 in Santa Clara, California.
Read more: http://www-03.ibm.com/press/us/en/pressrelease/415...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more