IBM Opens Bluemix Garage in France
|Stuart Parkerson in Cloud Services Wednesday, March 23, 2016|
IBM is opening a new Bluemix Garage in Nice, France to help European based companies’ development and design of apps on IBM Cloud.
This is the fourth location worldwide (also located in San Francisco, Toronto, London) of the Bluemix Garage, which offer physical hubs where multi-disciplinary teams, including developers, product managers and designers, can collaborate with IBM representatives to work with new technologies using the IBM Cloud. The new location will add to the London Bluemix Garage’s support of Europe’s base of over 1.6 million developers.
The new Bluemix Garage is co-located within the European Business Innovation Center (BIC) of Nice Metropole, the region’s largest startup incubator. The Garage’s co-location with the BIC also houses it within the European Business Network, which is Europe’s largest startup incubator network comprised of over 10,000 startups.
The new Bluemix Garage location will help developers through:
- Business Development: Combining enterprise acumen, agile methods, and a process to design, build and deploy, Garage consultants help clients to refine, iterate on and deliver a business idea into an app.
- Protecting Existing Investments: Tapping IBM Cloud’s hybrid and open models, Garage consultants help companies move existing data workloads to the cloud, lowering cost and adding enhancements, as well as connecting existing systems into new cloud apps.
- Speeding App Development: Through the Garage’s expertise in agility, extreme programming, DevOps and more, Garage consultants help businesses to reduce the time it takes to design and build new services, applications or products.
- Skills Development: Equipping development teams with the skills and expertise needed on Bluemix, IBM’s Cloud Platform, Garage teams help businesses to scale cloud capabilities and implement agile development.
Read more: https://www.ibm.com/cloud-computing/bluemix/garage...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more