IBM Launches New Internet of Things Learning Portal for Developers
|Stuart Parkerson in IoT Friday, August 7, 2015|
IBM has created a new IoT portal, IBM developerWorks Recipes, designed to help developers learn how to connect Internet of Things (IoT) devices to the cloud and how to use data coming from those connected devices.
Through developerWorks Recipes, developers can access materials providing guidance in the creation, management and connection of IoT devices to each other and the cloud. They can also tap into IBM's platform-as-a-service, Bluemix, to access tutorials for embedding advanced analytics and machine learning into IoT devices and applications. Examples include:
- Understanding vehicle performance by analyzing data from its On-Board Diagnostic system.
- Linking real-time machine condition monitoring with IBM asset management to monitor everything from the health of household appliances to wheels on a railroad car.
- Spotting trends and obtaining solutions to common problems through graphical representation of historical and real-time data from IoT devices.
IBM Bluemix offers over 100 open-source tools and services IoT developers can access to run advanced analytics, utilize machine learning and other Bluemix services. For example, data storage, predictive modeling and geospatial analytics can help developers better understand and utilze the data relative to connected devices.
Read more: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more