IBM's Bluemix PaaS Provides New Analytics Capabilities
|Richard Harris in Enterprise Wednesday, August 26, 2015|
IBM has released a new set of services for its Bluemix platform-as-a-service (PaaS) that provides developers with new analytics capabilities into cloud-based applications.
The new IBM Cloud tools are designed to help developers broaden the capabilities of their applications to give users a more robust cloud experience that enables integration of data analytics and visualization in their apps.
IBM Streaming Analytics service is now in open beta
IBM Streaming Analytics service provides the capability to instantaneously analyze data, scaling to thousands of sources, on the cloud. Offering an easier and more efficient way to visualize data, the service is completely scalable - dynamically building out the infrastructure as needed, giving developers time to focus on building business logic and analytics.
IBM dashDB is a generally available
IBM dashDB Offers a high performance, massively scalable cloud data warehouse service that enables simple and speedy information management, analytics and business intelligence operations in the cloud. Among the updates to dashDB include:
- Enabling Enterprise Performance: IBM added MPP (massively parallel processing) capabilities to enable faster query processing and overall scalability.
- Compatibility Enhancements: With Oracle and Netezza compatibility, dashDB MPP easily connects with existing database investments to reach new performance heights built on massively parallel processing cluster architecture.
- Existing Ecosystem Integration: Businesses can solve harder problems faster with built-in Netezza analytics libraries, and integration with Watson Analytics, R, Cognos and third party BI toolsets including Looker, Aginity Workbench and Tableau. dashDB can integrate with Twitter data and Open Data, and supports data preparation with DataWorks.
The open-standards-based Bluemix catalog includes over 100 tools and services of the most prominent open-source technologies combined with IBM and third-party services that allow developers to build, run and manage cloud applications with more flexibility. IBM launched Bluemix with a $1 billion investment in 2014.
Read more: https://console.ng.bluemix.net/
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more