Hortonworks Updates DataFlow and Now Supports Apache MiNiFi
|Stuart Parkerson in Open Source Monday, August 15, 2016|
Hortonworks, which works with open source technologies including Apache Hadoop, NiFi, and Spark, has released the latest version of Hortonworks DataFlow (HDF) which offers an integrated system for dataflow management and streaming analytics to collect, curate, analyze and deliver insights in real-time, on-premises or in the cloud. The company also announced a new HDF Product Integration Certification Program.
The Hortonworks connected data suite family of solutions delivers end to end capabilities for data-in-motion and data-at-rest. HDF collects, curates, analyzes and delivers real-time data from the Internet of Anything (IoAT) including devices, sensors clickstreams, log files and more. Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP) enables the creation of a secure enterprise data lake and delivers analytics for real-time insights.
HDF 2.0 includes the following new functionalities:
- IoT at the Edge: Apache MiNiFi, a new lightweight edition of Apache NiFi providing data collection at the edge with enterprise-grade security and management at scale.
- Next-Generation User Experience: New graphical user experience and integration of Apache NiFi, Apache Kafka and Apache Storm into Apache Ambari for accelerated deployment and real-time operations.
- Enterprise Readiness: Integration with Apache Ranger for centralized and comprehensive security policy management of streaming dataflows across groups in an enterprise.
New HDF Product Integration Certification Program
Expanding the HDF ecosystem, Hortonworks’ Partnerworks program now includes a new HDF Product Integration Certification program designed to simplify integrations of HDF into a company’s IT architecture. The program provides validation of pre-built integrations between a number of enterprise technologies and HDF. It also offers testing and certification processes to help ensure that Partner software integrates with HDF. Partners collaborating on HDF technology integration include Attunity, HPE Security – Data Security, Impetus Technologies StreamAnalytix, SAS and Syncsort.
Read more: http://hortonworks.com/products/data-center/hdf/
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more