Google Releases Google Cast SDK for Android and iOS
Friday, July 1, 2016
At Google I/O, The new Google Cast SDK was announced at Google I/O this year with the stated goal of making development for Google Cast quicker, more reliable, and easier to maintain. Included was the introduction of full state management that helps developers implement the right abstraction between an app and Google Cast.
Google has now announced it has released the SDK for Android and iOS Senders, including an introductory video, full documentation, and reference sample apps and codelab tutorials for both platforms.
Among the new functionality for Cast announced at Google I/O in May include:
- Google Cast Remote Display APIs (Beta)
- Autoplay and Queuing APIs
- Game Manager APIs for Google Cast
Read more: https://plus.google.com/communities/11574215756910...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more