Google Provides Early Access Preview of Android Studio
|Stuart Parkerson in Android Friday, May 24, 2013|
Android development using native Java has mostly come in the form of the developer downloading eclipse then grabbing the necessary Android plugins needed to develop in.
But now Google is providing developers the opportunity to test drive its new Android development environment based on IntelliJ IDEA which was announced at the recent Google I/O 2013. Similar to Eclipse with the ADT Plugin, Android Studio provides integrated Android developer tools for development and debugging.
Google cautions that Android Studio is currently available as an early access preview. Several features are either incomplete or not yet implemented and users may encounter bugs.
Read more: http://developer.android.com/sdk/installing/studio...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more