GitHub's New Text Editor Atom Leaked But Not Official Yet
|Richard Harris in Programming Wednesday, February 26, 2014|
It looks to use CSS / LESS for highlighting, and CoffeeScript for client-side programming , or the autocompletion.
It doesn't seem to be a fork of either Ace or CodeMirror.
There seems to be Vim shortcuts  and even theming.
There are a few plugins already out for it;
- emmet (aka Zen Coding)
- solarized-dark-syntax (heh)
- snippets (check)
- language-* (check; so many; awesome)
- timecop (tracking where time is spent in the editor)
- editor-stats (graph your mouse / keyboard activity)
Overall there is great expectation for the "official" release of the editor but no word yet on when that might be..
Read more: https://github.com/atom
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more