Geodata analysis and storage optimization enhanced by HarperDB
|Christian Hargrave in IoT Wednesday, July 18, 2018|
Geo-data analysis and storage optimization enhancements have been made for the utilization and analysis of IoT data on the edge with zero increase to storage footprint.
HarperDB has new features that allow real-time geo-analysis, storage optimization for edge devices and the ability to run massive data analysis. As a result, they say companies tackling complex IoT projects can achieve a more intelligent edge without incurring further storage or hardware costs.
HarperDB features include:
- Geographical Data Analysis: HarperDB's dynamic schema allows for geo analysis and reaction to constantly evolving IoT data in real-time, directly from the edge.
- Utilizing GEOJSON: users can out-of-the-box integrate with MapBox, Google Maps, and many other GIS applications.
- Time to Live: This new feature gives companies the ability to run the full power of HarperDB on IoT devices.
- Jobs: Data scientists and developers migrating to HarperDB can perform large operations and expand the capability to ingest data from flat files, backup and recovery. Additionally, with the Jobs feature, users can now run large data sets to ensure transparency and continuity of operations.
"In IoT projects, many devices on the edge have limited storage hardware and the data is only valuable for a short period of time. With the ability to replicate and store data in the cloud, users can optimize their on-device storage for the most impactful analytics," said Zach Fowler, Chief Product Officer of HarperDB. "It's important that we constantly evolve the HarperDB solution to meet industry demands. With enhanced geo-analysis and the ability to concurrently run large data sets in the background, our customers have a competitive advantage they can exploit for success."
"It is especially critical in IoT for companies to be able to immediately identify where systems need attention in real-time as their data is transacting or to understand where it trends overtime. With HarperDB's geo-analysis functions, users have the ability to visualize and understand their data as it occurs in the real world by gaining insights into specific locations, regions or their entire topology," said Kyle Bernhardy, Chief Technology Officer of HarperDB.
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more