Flowroute Releases New SMS Messaging Capabilities Offered Through a Single API
|Stuart Parkerson in Messaging Wednesday, August 17, 2016|
Flowroute has released a new platform to help developers offer carrier-grade messaging capabilities within their applications and services. The new SMS capabilities enable developers to simplify the integration of text messaging into their offerings.
By unifying calling and messaging on a single phone number, through one provider with a single API, companies are able to create customer experiences that deliver consistent, personalized interactions leveraging both voice and text-based communications.
The first three application modules, written in Python, include phone number masking, two-factor authentication, and appointment reminders. The program is designed to speed the implementation of SMS messaging into applications as the initial application containers include:
- Phone number masking: Through SMS proxying, developers can buy and provision from a pool of text-enabled phone numbers to anonymously bridge concurrent buyer-seller interactions. This is essential in marketplace application use cases which require anonymous communication via text messaging.
- Two-factor authentication: This provides an extra layer of security for users by applying two-factor authentication within web and mobile applications. By providing developers with a high degree of configurability, interactions are secured by sending and validating a PIN via SMS.
- Appointment reminders: Developers can enable applications to send appointment reminders and confirmation messages to users via SMS.
Developers can access the application containers and documentation at the Flowroute Developer Portal.
Read more: https://www.flowroute.com/sms/
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more