Flexera Software Introduces New Cloud Infrastructure Optimization Platform
|Stuart Parkerson in Cloud Services Friday, April 15, 2016|
Flexera Software has launched FlexNet Manager for Cloud Infrastructure, a solution addressing the management of cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS). The platform gives organizations centralized visibility into their cloud services use providing the ability to track, manage and optimize cloud services usage.
The initial release of FlexNet Manager for Cloud Infrastructure focuses on optimization of Amazon Web Services (AWS). The platform will automatically import usage and billing data from multiple accounts to deliver a centralized view of all AWS accounts and instances across the enterprise.
Included is a cloud dashboard which provides an executive-level view of a company’s use of cloud resources, presenting aggregated consumption patterns and total spend across all AWS cloud subscriptions. Organizations can analyze data and view consumption reports and breakdowns based on AWS instance types (On-demand and Reserved Instances), view consumption rates by departments and perform trending analysis.
FlexNet Manager for Cloud Infrastructure enables companies to:
- Track cloud services spending and usage across all departments to eliminate over-buying and underutilization of cloud capacity and instances.
- More effectively negotiate volume discounts and rationalize usage of cloud instances.
- Enable IT's transition to a service-based organization by centralizing management of cloud services, minimizing overhead, managing costs and facilitating chargeback of cloud services.
- Optimize usage of pre-paid capacity (reserved instances) to minimize costs.
Read more: http://www.flexerasoftware.com/enterprise/products...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more