Facebook F8 Developer Conference Kicks Off
|Stuart Parkerson in Events Tuesday, April 29, 2014|
Hot on the heels of its First Quarter 2014 report last week, Facebook is hosting its F8 annual developer conference this week in San Francisco.
There will be a lot for Mark Zuckerberg to talk about in his keynote as Facebook’s Q1 report shows the company is taking a deep dive into driving its mobile revenues.
To understand why mobile is so important, take a look at these numbers:
- The daily active users (DAUs) were 802 million on average for March 2014, an increase of 21% year-over-year.
- DAUs were 609 million on average for March 2014, an increase of 43% year-over-year.
- Monthly active users (MAUs) were 1.28 billion as of March 31, 2014, an increase of 15% year-over-year.
- Mobile MAUs were 1.01 billion as of March 31, 2014, an increase of 34% year-over-year.
- Revenue from advertising was $2.27 billion, an 82% increase from the same quarter last year.
- Mobile advertising revenue represented approximately 59% of advertising revenue for the first quarter of 2014, up from approximately 30% of advertising revenue in the first quarter of 2013.
So it is needless to say, this week’s developer centric event should be very interesting. If you are not in the San Francisco area, you can still experience the streaming video of the conference.
Read more: https://www.facebook.com/f8
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more