Embarcadero Releases New App Analytics Platform for Connected Devices and IoT
|Stuart Parkerson in IoT Tuesday, May 12, 2015|
Embarcadero Technologies has launched Embarcadero AppAnalytics, a hosted backend service to provide application developers with detailed information on how users are interacting with desktop, mobile, and wearable applications built with RAD Studio XE8.
The component enables developers to create better apps by tracking anonymous user events within existing VCL Windows and FireMonkey mobile and desktop apps, and by providing relevant data that can be used to guide the development of new features and user experiences.
To help developers better understand user behavior, AppAnalytics captures usage statistics and insights into how users are using applications built with RAD Studio XE8, a software development platform for building connected apps. The XE8 release of RAD Studio enables Delphi/Object Pascal and C++ developers to build innovative solutions for mobile, cloud, and the Internet of Things (IoT). AppAnalytics can be embedded into existing Windows applications as well as OS X, iOS, Android, and wearable apps. Analytics are monitored via a cloud portal.
With its ‘event capturing' feature, AppAnalytics provides metrics that inform and guide the development process of an app to ensure engineering efforts are targeted and focused. It captures events such as when an app is opened and when it is closed, on which operating system and CPU the app is used, how users flow through the user interface, and when exceptions or crashes occur. Developers can define any custom event with a single API call. Product teams can use AppAnalytics to better understand which features of an app are the most used and focus efforts on those features.
Key features include:
- Captured standard events like AppStart, FormActivate and ControlFocus, and ExceptionThrown which cover much of what a typical app needs
- Custom events which are easy to add with one line of code, and can capture any event in an app
- Anonymous demographic information such as the operating system and CPU version, provided with each event
- The analytics dashboard provides visual reports over a requested time period and includes a flow graph showing how the user moves through the app
- 10,000 free events per month for one app
- Scalable tiers for large Enterprise or popular mobile apps
AppAnalytics is immediately available for free to RAD Studio XE8, Delphi XE8 and C++Builder XE8 customers. To get started with AppAnalytics, users add either the VCL or FireMonkey AppAnalytics component to an app.
Read more: http://www.embarcadero.com/products/appanalytics
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more