eBays Buy APIs generate $1B GMB globally
|Christian Hargrave in API Thursday, December 12, 2019|
eBay’s Buy APIs have now generated $1 billion in gross merchandise bought globally, just three years after launch.
eBay’s Buy APIs (APIs geared towards third party developers) have now generated $1 billion in GMB (gross merchandise bought) globally – just three years after launch.
eBay’s Buy APIs empower third-party developers to integrate eBay inventory into websites and applications for partnered social sites, merchants, marketplaces, or any other platform. Through Buy APIs, shoppers can browse eBay listings and then check out and pay from anywhere, anytime—some even without visiting eBay.com.
This milestone is the result of a journey that began three years ago to modernize eBay’s API stack to support the fast-evolving global e-commerce space. eBay’s Buy API program has grown to meet the global scale with sizeable partners around the world. For example, Paytm Mall, an Indian e-commerce site, uses our Buy APIs to give its 130 million active users and 12 million registered merchants access to a wide selection of global inventory that would usually be out of reach locally.
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more