Developers See Significantly Higher Salaries Based On Advanced Experience
|Stuart Parkerson in Developer Jobs Thursday, May 12, 2016|
As a developer, it definitely pays to have experience. According to analysis provided by Payscale, experienced software developers see significantly higher salaries.
In demonstrating how experience affects salaries, Payscale provides the following based on the career path for developers:
Late-Career - 39% above average
Experienced - 29% above average
Mid-Career - 13% above average
Entry Level – 9% below average
In addition to experience, the level of education can play a significant role in developer salaries. As reported in this recent article, statistics demonstrate that developer job postings that require a bachelor’s degree have 29% higher advertised salaries nationally and 36% higher among tech sector employers.
Read more: http://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Software_D...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more