|Stuart Parkerson in Windows Mobile Saturday, April 11, 2015|
To learn more, the Microsoft Virtual Academy has a “Building a Game with Cocos2d-x for Windows Devices” session available, including a walkthrough on coding, graphical assets, versioning, and monetization support.
To encourage the development of Cocos apps and games for Windows, Microsoft and Chukong Technology are hosting the “Unleash the Power of Cocos and Windows” contest to allow developers to submit their mobile game ideas for a chance to win cash prizes. You can register for the contest here.
Entries must be received by May 31, 2015, and will be reviewed by a panel of Cocos and Microsoft judges. Criteria include quality (25%), performance (25%), creativity (25%) and originality (25%).
The first place winner will receive $25,000 USD. Second place receives $15,000 USD and third place winners take home $3,300 USD each. Submissions can be either original games created with Cocos or games ported to Windows or Windows Phone from existing games published on other platforms.
Read more: https://msopentech.com/blog/2015/03/30/you-can-now...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more