Developer ecosystem insights for Q2 2019 report
|Freeman Lightner in Programming Monday, November 18, 2019|
The new developer ecosystem insights report highlights responses from 19,000+ software developers of all profiles.
The data from the Developer Economics survey give all the answers in the recently published State of the Developer Nation Q2 2019 report, which - as always- is now available for free download!
What’s new in the developer ecosystem?
The report highlights the latest insights from the developer ecosystem, based on responses from 19,000+ software developers of all profiles: professionals, hobbyists, and students, working across all major areas: mobile, web, desktop, cloud, IoT, AR/VR, games, machine learning & data science. It focuses on 6 themes:
- Developer psychographics: how do developers perceive themselves? 37% see themselves as introverts and only 4% describe themselves as being able to make a killer cocktail.
- Emerging Technologies: What turns interested into adoption?
- Game Streaming: Developing for live-streaming. Are we there yet?
- Third-party platforms and ecosystems: App developers are unlikely to work solely on one third party platforms.
- Mobile cross-platforms frameworks: Mobile development has matured enough to embrace cross-platform frameworks, allowing building apps that can run on multiple platforms.
Read more: https://developereconomics.com/resources/reports/