Create and Manage Your Own API With Dell's New Boomi Platform
|Richard Harris in Enterprise Thursday, March 19, 2015|
Dell Software has announced that its Dell Boomi platform has released full API lifecycle management, creating a multi-purpose Platform as a Service (PaaS) that supports major integration use cases, master data management (MDM) and API management. It enables companies to integrate any combination of cloud and on-premises applications without software, appliances or coding.
The platform provides the ability for organizations to move, manage and govern data using a single interface. Dell Boomi API Management offers features covering the entire API lifecycle, enabling companies to create, publish and centrally manage APIs on-premises or in the cloud. This unified capability facilitates the creation, distribution and governance of the range of APIs for accelerating business-to-consumer (B2C), business to business (B2B), and mobile interactions.
The platform release is a response in part to the trend where organizations are moving from using APIs to expose legacy services to internal developers to now dealing with an significant increase in integration endpoints – a result of the emergence of social media, mobile devices, proprietary applications, cloud services, Big Data, and Internet of Things that need to be consumed by external constituents.
The Dell Boomi API Management Platform provides the following abilities:
- Create: Using a set of high-productivity service development and design tools, customers can create APIs from new or existing Boomi integration processes using a visual interface that requires no coding. Developers can also modernize any legacy SOAP web service in just 15 to 30 minutes.
- Publish: Dell Boomi API Management enables customers to rapidly expose any endpoint as a web service, including HTTP (SOAP/REST), FTP sites, databases, legacy applications, and cloud and mobile applications. New APIs can be deployed either on-premises or in the cloud to meet the performance and security requirements of organizations. This extends the reach of enterprise information and services to customers, partners and vendors. The platform also facilitates ntegrating and unlocking backend services through lightweight APIs which simplifies developing mobile applications. Additionally, if offers the ability to establish a secure and scalable environment for analyzing and acting on real-time information for Internet of Things (IoT) strategies.
- Manage: Customers can manage APIs across their real-time infrastructure and monitor all APIs, no matter where in the world or on what platform they are deployed. Customers can control traffic, monitor response times and respond to errors. New API gateway functionality provides a centralized, consistent method for authentication and accessibility for enterprise services.
The Dell Boomi platform enables developers to support the needs of their companies through the use of the visual interface to create, publish and manage APIs. The visual interface also eliminates complexity and helps to ensure accuracy. Developing new APIs is a straightforward, easy-to-understand process, and any legacy SOAP web service can be modernized quickly.
Other recent enhancements to Dell Boomi API Management platform include:
- API Design: Enables organizations to create APIs from a set of web services and aggregate them so they can be centrally managed. API Design also supports fine-grained API versioning, so consumers can control their upgrade timing, ensuring backward compatibility.
- API Generate: Enables customers to import legacy SOAP service descriptions and turn them into web services that can be incorporated into any API and made available to public consumers. This straightforward process helps customers modernize their legacy SOAP services and continue to get value from them in 15 to 30 minutes.
Read more: http://www.boomi.com/
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more