Collibra integrates data governance on the Google Cloud Platform
|Freeman Lightner in Cloud Services Wednesday, August 12, 2020|
Collibra and Google Cloud Platform's expanded strategic partnership natively applies data governance on the cloud platform.
Collibra, the Data Intelligence company, has further expanded its partnership with Google Cloud, offering Collibra as a managed service on the Google Cloud Platform (GCP). Jim Cushman, Collibra’s chief product officer, and Evren Eryurek, director of product management for Google Cloud, shared news of the integrated offering in a presentation this week at Google Next.
Collibra and Google Cloud provide a cloud and source-agnostic data governance solution that directly interfaces with Google Cloud security primitives as a managed service on GCP, allowing data governance policies to be natively enforced. As Google continues to introduce security primitives into Google Cloud, Collibra enables the policy provisioning for increased data security, governance and discoverability. With Collibra and Google Cloud’s joint roadmap, organizations can seamlessly solve for multi-cloud data governance journeys including data acquisition workflow, lineage tracking and the ability to maintain an enterprise dictionary.
"Across all industries, organizations are collecting both greater volumes of data and a great variety of data. Without a proper governance strategy, organizations will run into challenges with data quality, data discovery and compliance. Our partnership with Collibra provides a scalable, cost-effective solution for a well-governed cloud platform that ensures that governance of data and analytics is at the core of all data processes," said Evren Eryurek, director of product management for Google Cloud.
Collibra first partnered with Google to build an integration with Collibra Data Catalog, making it easier for organizations to understand which data is available, what the data means and where it originated in order to make decisions faster. Collibra Data Catalog provides a true enterprise governed catalog that supports a self-service shopping experience with automatic privacy enforcement.
"Collibra and Google have a shared commitment to enable organizations to build a strong foundation of data governance. We’re looking forward to expanding our partnership even further to allow companies to take advantage of a governed multi-cloud strategy and access a single view of data from anywhere in their organizations," said Jim Cushman, chief product officer for Collibra.
- To learn more about building a governed cloud data platform with GCP and Collibra, download the whitepaper
- Hear how ATB Financial built consistent governance across a hybrid data lake with Google Cloud and Collibra
- Learn more about the Collibra and Google partnership or enroll in the Collibra University course
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more