CircleCI hits 1 millionth user
|Brittany Hainzinger in Enterprise Thursday, September 17, 2020|
Over nine years, CircleCI has seen an 8000 percent increase in platform usage hitting one million users with services expanded to 128 countries.
CircleCI celebrates nine years and the addition of their 1 millionth user to the platform.
“When CircleCI started, CI/CD was a kind of niche, bleeding-edge practice. Now, we’re seeing the market accelerate like never before as companies prioritize automation and continuous delivery systems,” said Jim Rose, CircleCI CEO. “No matter what market you’re in, speed and quality are incredibly important. The ability to create change and put it into the hands of the customers as quickly as possible is key.”
CircleCI has grown alongside some of its longest-standing customers, including Spotify, Instacart, and Stitch Fix, as well as newer customers including NBC Universal, Citigroup, Aetna, and Unilever.
CircleCI has seen tremendous growth within the past 12 months, including:
- A $100 million Series E round in growth funding, nearly doubling total funding to $215.5M.
- Named a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Cloud Native Continuous Integration Tools, Q3 2019 report.
- Added 90 new employees to their globally-distributed employee base and opened its first EMEA office in London.
- Welcomed Cack Wilhelm, Partner at IVP as CircleCI’s first female member of the Board of Directors.
- Championed a new healthcare policy that offers fully-compensated paid leave for employees recovering from transition-related medical procedures.
- Featured in multiple “technology companies to watch” lists in leading publications such as Computer World, Business Insider, along with leading channel publication CRN’s list of Hottest DevOps Startups to watch,” which recognizes technology vendors with a proven ability to innovate with products and services that assist businesses in DevOps automation.
- Increased orb adoption by 200 percent since the launch of these integrations in 2018. Today there are more than 1,900 orbs listed in the registry and more than 58,000 organizations are currently using CircleCI orbs in their CI/CD pipelines.
- Added security certifications with AWS GovCloud, SOC II, and FedRamp recertification.
- Launched the general availability of CircleCI’s insights API endpoints, which allow engineering teams to harness crucial information that shows how workflows are performing over time.
- Ranked as the number one CI/CD provider for the Ruby on Rails community.
- Released the very first Data-Driven Case for CI report that analyzed 30 million workflows to show the adoption of CI/CD as a proven path to engineering team success.
- Introduced CircleCI developer hub, a dedicated resource library to help engineering teams at companies of all sizes maintain evolving software stacks and optimize CI/CD pipelines.
- Earned multiple designations to ensure best-in-breed compatibility with Amazon Web Services (AWS) including: APN Advance Partner, AWS DevOps Competency, ATO on AWS Partner, and AWS Marketplace Select Partner.
- Launched new strategic partnerships with technology solutions such as Hashicorp, Plandek, Salesforce, and others.
- Launched Portfolio Partners program for venture capitalists and accelerators to provide CircleCI to their startup ecosystems.
Over nine years, CircleCI:
- Has run more than 16,795 years of builds, with a recent report showing 80 percent of workflows finish in under 10 minutes.
- Has seen an 8,000 percent increase in platform usage as measured by total build minutes run on CircleCI.
- Has grown to serve customers in 128 countries.