Blippar to Release New Augmented Reality Gaming Platform for Google Glass
Friday, May 30, 2014
Earlier this year, Blippar unveiled is augmented reality app on Google Glass, showcasing its fully functional image-recognition capabilities on the device. Now Blippar has announced its latest foray into augmented reality, with proprietary gesture-recognition technology driving its new gaming platform.
Blippar's Games for Glass platform is a new gaming experience that enables players to bring the world around them to digital life and interact with it in meaningful ways. With Glass the platform provides the ability to trigger a virtual interface with which users can interact via their hands and the headset itself.
A new developer SDK is expected to be released in the coming weeks allowing developers to create their own Glass offerings.
Read more: https://blippar.com/en/blog/168-blippar-creates-fi...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more