BlackBerry's Open Letter Could Provide App Developers Insight Into Future
|Richard Harris in BlackBerry Monday, October 21, 2013|
And as we have predicted (and many others as well) BlackBerry is going to play on its strengths in the enterprise marketplace.
This sentence in the opening paragraph tells the story: “One thing we will never change is our commitment to those of you who helped build BlackBerry into the most trusted tool for the world’s business professional.”
They didn’t say products for the world’s gamers, soccer moms, high school teens, etc. It’s about enterprise in the future for BlackBerry.
The letter goes on to emphasize BlackBerry’s productivity tools, security and enterprise mobile management. The letter does mention the future BBM launch for Android and iPhone, although we doubt that this service will ever gain significant traction or audience.
So that’s BlackBerry today, if you are developing enterprise solutions, the company may be relevant, for general consumers, probably not so much.
Read more: http://us.blackberry.com/message.html?CPID=SOC_C_W...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more