Bitcasa Launches Beta of CloudFS Platform for App Developers
|Stuart Parkerson in Enterprise Thursday, May 8, 2014|
Bitcasa has announced the beta availability of its new CloudFS Platform, a service for app developers to leverage the company's scalable cloud storage technology. General availability of the platform will be available later this year.
The platform provides API functionality including file management, file sharing, media transcoding, and zero-knowledge encryption. It also offers nine pre-built applications, dubbed Bitcasa Turn-key Drive, will allows service providers to offer their own branded, consumer storage solution.
With APIs developers can:
- Create structured file systems in the cloud.
- Implement privacy and security controls.
- Optimize performance and network bandwidth through smart caching that analyzes use patterns for efficient storage.
- Provide rich media services with streaming and transcoding.
For organizations that want to deploy branded cloud storage services, the Bitcasa Turn-key Drive provides the ability to create their own cloud services for customers. Additionally, Bitcasa provides direct access to regionalized cloud storage options across multiple public cloud providers, without writing any custom code.
Developers interested in signing up for API access can register on the Bitcasa CloudFS Platform website.
Read more: http://blog.bitcasa.com/
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more