Autodesk Adds New APIs and SDKs to Forge Cloud Development Platform
|Stuart Parkerson in API Friday, June 17, 2016|
Autodesk has announced new functionality to its Forge platform, including new cloud application development tools and services cloud developers.
The Forge platform offers a set of cloud services that connects design, engineering, visualization, collaboration, production and operations workflows. Application programming interfaces (APIs) and software development kits (SDKs) allow software developers to build cloud-powered applications and services.
New platform enhancement include:
- Viewer: Displays 2D and 3D design files and associated data from 50 plus file formats in a web and mobile viewer for presentation and collaboration. Also allows comments, markup and measurement.
- Model Derivative API: Translates design files from one format to another, prepares them for online viewing, and extracts geometry data. The data can then be passed into other applications and communicate design information.
- Design Automation API: Allows developers to run AutoCAD scripts on the Cloud.
- Authentication: Open standard used across the Forge Platform for authentication and authorization. Authentication is a secure method to provide a “key” to a third party that allows them only limited access to perform specific functions, which can be accomplished without having to divulge user credentials.
- Data Management API: Manages data across A360, Fusion 360, BIM 360 Docs, and the Forge native Object Storage Service. This API allows users to upload and download a data file from different Autodesk products through one consistent and unified interface.
- 3D Print API: Enables developers to quickly build customized 3D printing solutions from 3D print preparation to print management. This API helps users prepare models for 3D printing with a full suite of tools for mesh repair or slicing. Deliver files to 3D printers with remote monitoring and production management, or use sample apps to heal models for printing.
- Reality Capture API: Turns a series of photos into 3D data. If the photos are geotagged, as is typically the case with UAV/drone photos, the computed reality data also includes a geolocated orthographic view. The reality data is then accessible on Autodesk Cloud services or a partner’s platform, for consumption in web apps or in desktop apps.
Read more: https://developer.autodesk.com/
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more