ARM Releases New mbed IoT Device Platform Products and Technologies
|Stuart Parkerson in IoT Friday, November 13, 2015|
ARM has released a new suite of mbed IoT Device Platform products and technologies to support IoT technology deployments at scale. The latest release includes the mbed Device Connector, a free service that businesses can use to connect and manage IoT devices. The announcement also includes an enhanced mbed OS (Technology Preview version) and new mbed Reference Designs.
With the mbed Device Connector developers can connect devices within prototype deployments, build secure web applications and integrate them with cloud solutions. Available at the mbed Device Connector portal, the platform is free for developers to use on up to 100 devices, handling up to 10,000 events per hour.
The mbed OS Technology Preview version is the latest iteration of the modular OS for ARM Cortex-M based MCUs. Built to enable IoT to scale, developers can take advantage of mbed TLS, a native OS support for Thread Wireless Networking Protocol and basic manageability of devices.
ARM has also created two new reference platforms as part of a roadmap of mbed Reference Designs that will help IoT developers cut the time from prototype to final device design with the use of open-source resources. These include:
- mbed Wearable Reference Design: Featuring an efficient wrist-based connected device capable of delivering a fully interactive user-experience while achieving a battery life of around eight weeks.
- mbed Smart City Reference Design: Aimed at infrastructure monitoring and smart industrial applications using Sub-GHz 6LoWPAN & CoAP mesh network protocols for large numbers of devices. This supports quick deployment, configuration and management of routers and end devices compatible with a variety of backhaul technologies in industrial applications that will reduce the bill of materials for end devices.
Read more: https://www.mbed.com/en/
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more