Appurify Launches Appurify Mobile Platform (AMP) – the First Ever Solution to Optimize Both Quality and Performance of Mobile Apps and Websites
|Richard Harris in Press Announcements Tuesday, February 4, 2014|
AMP Allows Developers to Test the Quality and Performance of Mobile Apps and Websites Pre-Release, On Any Platform and Device, At Scale
Appurify, offering a unique approach to mobile performance optimization today announces the Appurify Mobile Platform (AMP). Appurify is the first solution of its kind that allows developers to immediately pinpoint and troubleshoot their mobile quality and performance issues pre-release. Developers now have an automated solution that provides them with a clear view of their app’s real-world performance across a comprehensive range of real devices, OS configurations, available memory, screen orientations, networks, signal strength and more, before publishing to the app store.
Appurify developed AMP to address the growing need amongst developers and organizations to identify and address mobile performance issues, early in the development process, enabling faster and higher quality releases. With automated analysis across a comprehensive set of real devices and user conditions in Appurify’s industry leading device lab, dev, QA, ops and management teams can now get the visibility and actionable intelligence they need to shorten dev cycles, maintain brand credibility and build better mobile experiences. Unique AMP features include:
- Automation on real devices and real user conditions: Visibility on how apps perform across a comprehensive set of devices, carriers, signal strengths, operating systems, memory levels, locations and device orientations.
- Easily integrates into the development cycle: Quality should be addressed early in the development process, and the Appurify API allows developers to seamlessly integrate real device testing as part of their existing development process.
- Depth of data: Identifies the severity and impact of problems that need further research, and track trends over time—this includes network capture details, crash reports, frames per second, CPU/memory data and video.
Jay Srinivasan, CEO and Co-Founder of Appurify, comments: “Successful app developers understand that consumer loyalty is often attributed to mobile performance, and consistency in this performance. Mobile optimization can’t be an afterthought when building an app. With AMP and Appurify’s real device lab, for the first time, companies can address quality and performance issues early in an app’s development lifecycle, allowing for faster, higher quality releases, rather than troubleshooting after an app is live in the app store.”To further validate challenges developers are facing in the market, Appurify has also launched its “The State of Mobile Development & Performance in 2014”* report. The key findings of the study present a clear picture of how app store success closely relates to mobile performance, including stability, responsiveness, and load times — as well as reviewing the key challenges in mobile app and site delivery and testing:
“Mobile is an unforgiving environment, where many different factors can cause an app to fail and frustrate users. Accessible quality assurance and automation are critical for app developers, and for the overall growth of a healthy mobile ecosystem,” said Karim Faris, General Partner, Google Ventures. "Appurify is committed to democratizing the process by bringing the most comprehensive level of testing to every mobile application.”
- Performance counts. An overwhelming majority of developers — nearly 90% — have seen a direct connection between the performance of their apps and the reviews and ratings they receive in app stores.
- Keeping abreast of user reviews. Developers have become too reliant on user reviews to spot quality issues, with 60% of developers scanning user reviews at least daily.
- Testing and optimization is getting harder. Top challenges cited include making sure apps work across proliferating devices and platforms, keeping pace with rapid development cycles, and the sheer amount of time testing takes.
- Updates are too frequent for manual testing, making the problem worse. App updates have increased 62% over the past year, and 42% of apps and websites release updates at least once each week, which is too rapid for effective manual testing.
- Data is power. Historical and trending data is recognized as an important indicator in a company’s optimization strategy. 98% of companies see testing over time as important.
- Automation is the answer. Looking for a smarter way to ensure app performance, 76% of respondents plan to invest in test automation.
Jonah Kowall, Research Vice President, Gartner comments in a recent report**: “The contribution of mobile applications within a business strategy is becoming paramount. The building, support and operations of these mobile application presences are often decentralized. This trend will change over time, shifting toward a centralized model for support and operations requiring a consistent view of the mobile application performance and availability. Tools to understand and measure the quality and performance of applications are emerging both as best-of-breed solutions and as part of a broader APM strategy. Organizational struggles must be addressed inclusive of changes in skill sets and the technology to support these platforms.”
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more