Apigee Offers New Lightweight Service for Managing Internal APIs
|Stuart Parkerson in Enterprise Wednesday, August 12, 2015|
Apigee has announced its Apigee Edge platform now supports a hybrid cloud architecture through a new capability called “Apigee Edge Microgateway.” With the introduction of Edge Microgateway, Apigee enables businesses to optimize the performance, availability and capacity of their API systems by deploying Apigee Edge on a self-service public cloud, on-premises infrastructure, or both through a hybrid cloud architecture.
Apigee Edge Microgateway adds a new hybrid cloud deployment option that leverages the availability and performance of the Apigee public cloud together with the performance of local, on-premises API management. Edge Microgateway provides the flexibility to deploy API management as a hybrid solution, where core, real-time API management functionality runs close to the API applications, while other API functions run on Apigee’s public cloud.
Typically installed within a trusted network in close proximity to back-end target services, Apigee Edge Microgateway provides enterprise-grade security and key features such as spike arrest, quota, and analytics, but with a smaller footprint than the full Apigee Edge platform. Apigee Edge Microgateway can help simplify deployment, reduce latency, and improve the performance of API programs powered by Apigee Edge.
Benefits of the Edge Microgateway include:
- reduced latency since gateway sits closer to an application
- no synchronous call-outs in the main message path
- simple to install, deploy, and monitor
Users can have Edge Microgateway up and running quickly on platforms such as RHEL, SUSE or CentOS. Apigee Edge Microgateway can share a server with the API implementations it manages or run on a separate server.
The new Edge Microgateway is currently available in a limited availability program.
Read more: https://pages.apigee.com/edge-micro-request.html
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more