Adobe Releases New No Code DPS
|Stuart Parkerson in HTML5 Saturday, August 8, 2015|
Adobe Digital Publishing Solution (DPS) has been updated to offer no code solution in what the company says is in response to “…custom app development spending on the decline…”
In a statement concerning the release of the new platform, Nick Bogaty, senior director, head of digital publishing at Adobe, explains Adobe’s move to a no code environment, “Now, the creation of mobile apps and the ongoing delivery of content to those mobile apps can be entrusted to marketers and designers, the people who know their brand the best.”
Here is what the company says the updated platform offers companies wishing to push out content:
- Continuous Publishing. With capabilities to push fresh content live, readers now have more reasons to return frequently to DPS apps for fresh content and updates. DPS, as part of AEM Apps, offers brands seamless control over content. The solution integrates with other content management systems, such as Drupal and Wordpress, and HTML design tools from Adobe and others, all while still supporting InDesign CC based workflows.
- Engaging Experiences. Apps created with Adobe DPS deliver high-impact content to audiences in a uniquely intuitive way. With the new collections feature, content is now grouped together and delivered to smartphones and tablets on iOS, Android and Windows. DPS also offers all of the app services needed to acquire and retain audiences, including push notifications; in-app messaging; intuitive search and content discovery; and social network integration.
- Measuring and Delivering ROI. Access built-in analytics, powered by Adobe Analytics Essentials for Publications, part of Adobe Marketing Cloud, which capture online and offline data and deliver retention analysis, acquisition tracking, funnel conversion and more. Adobe DPS also supports a variety of payment options for apps, such as single purchases, subscriptions and all-access models for publishers and enterprises who want to monetize content.
- Built for Business. Adobe DPS now provides a new accounts control system that has been elevated to the enterprise level, enabling organizers to assign permissions to each person involved in the app creation process, including both employees and outside agencies.
Read more: http://www.adobe.com/products/digital-publishing-s...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more