Shippable Releases New MultiCloud Capabilities
Saturday, August 27, 2016
Shippable has announced new updates to its continuous deployment platform. Among the new features are enhanced release automation, multi-cloud capabilities, a declarative pipeline language and a unified view across all application pipelines.
Shippable includes a cloud adapter, so users can move applications from one cloud to another, or run in a hybrid fashion across public and private clouds. The Shippable platform integrates with a number of tools and cloud infrastructures, as well as technologies like Docker, AWS Elastic Container Service, Google Kubernetes, Microsoft Azure Container Service, Joyent Triton, and Apache Mesos DC/OS.
New features included in the release are:
- Application release automation: Semantic versioning of applications is built-in with complete control over deployment of versions to dev vs. test vs. prod environments. Deployments can be automatic or with an approval gate.
- Declarative pipeline language: The entire process of shipping software is expressed in a declarative yml configuration. This alleviates the need for imperative scripts that are fragile, error prone, and hard to maintain. This language abstracts non-standardized vendor APIs into a common, human-readable configuration, making complex workflows easy to create.
- Multi-cloud deployments: Leveraging declarative pipelines, the same application can be deployed into a multi-cloud or a hybrid topology with a few lines of yml configuration. This facilitates the ability to implement disaster recovery across multiple clouds. Teams can also develop and test in the cloud while running their production environment on-premises without maintaining multiple deployment pipelines.
- Single pane of glass: The flow of shipping software from code to production can be visualized in a unified interactive view across one or many applications in the organization. This view is updated in real-time and errors or bottlenecks in the workflow can be quickly identified and rectified.
Shippable is offered as a SaaS offering. The free plan includes unlimited builds for open source projects and 150 builds a month for private projects. Paid plans get unlimited builds for all repositories and start at $25 for each parallel build.
Read more: https://app.shippable.com/
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more