Samsung tops Apple for Black Friday shopping deal hunters
Tuesday, November 22, 2016
A new national study reveals this year's most coveted brands, products, and deals for the 2016 Black Friday shopping holiday.
The recent survey of 1,000 American consumers by Pollfish shows that Americans most prefer deals on TV entertainment systems from Samsung that are sold by Amazon, and that Samsung overall seems to be sought out more than Apple by shoppers this year.
Other notable findings include:
Q: On which types of products would you most like to find a Black Friday or Cyber Monday deal?
1. TV or entertainment systems: 19%
2. Clothing: 17%
3. Computer or laptop: 16%
4. Shoes and accessories: 12%
5. Phone and personal electronics: 12%
Q: On what technology brands would you most like to find a Black Friday or Cyber Monday deal?
1. Samsung: 30%
2. Apple: 18%
3. Microsoft: 15%
4. HP: 14%
5. Dell: 11%
Q: On what athletic brands would you most like to find a Black Friday or Cyber Monday deal?
1. Nike: 28%
2. Adidas: 17%
3. Under Armour: 16%
4. Reebok: 10%
5. New Balance: 10%
Q: How likely are you to recommend shopping at this retailer for Black Friday or Cyber Monday to a friend or colleague?
Net promoter score, aka NPS, measures customer satisfaction and brand perception on a scale of -100 to +100. (A positive, high score means consumers actively recommend the brand; a negative score could mean consumers actively dissuade friends.)
1. Amazon: NPS of +9
2. Walmart: NPS of -26
3. Best Buy: NPS of -34
4. Target: NPS of -35
5. Kohl's: NPS of -39
6. Non-Chain Stores: NPS of -47
7. Apple: NPS of -54
8. Macy's: NPS of -57
55% of survey respondents prefer shopping online for Black Friday, versus going to the store - so it comes as no surprise that Amazon garnered the highest NPS in this survey. Also interesting to note that Apple, a well-loved brand, garnered a low score when it comes to shopping for Black Friday deals.
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more