MuleSoft Extends Anypoint Connectivity Platform for SOA, SaaS and APIs
Monday, December 21, 2015
MuleSoft has announced the latest release of its Anypoint Platform integration platform for SOA, SaaS, and APIs which provides the ability for companies to connect applications, data, and devices, both on-premises and in the cloud with an API-led approach. With Anypoint companies can deploy their integrations in a hybrid environment, connecting to both SaaS applications and on-premises systems.
Anypoint’s hybrid integration capabilities provides the ability for companies to re-architect SOA infrastructure from legacy systems, proprietary platforms, and custom integration code and migrate technology infrastructure to the public or private cloud and prioritize adoption of SaaS applications and other cloud technologies.
New with the platform release is Anypoint MQ, a multi-tenant, cloud messaging service that enables users to perform advanced asynchronous messaging scenarios, such as queueing and pub/sub. Anypoint MQ features include:
- Unified management: Fully integrated with Anypoint Platform, offering role-based access control, client application management, queue statistics and status monitoring, and queue management.
- Connectivity: Send/receive messages from any Mule application running in the cloud or on-premises. MuleSoft’s REST API facilitates interfacing with non-Mule applications.
- Secure message delivery: Persistent data storage across multiple data centers, ensuring that it can handle data center outages and have full disaster recovery. Queues can also be encrypted so data at rest is secured.
Another new feature of Anypoint is DataWeave, a language to query and transform data offering a new UI that provides new dynamic drag-and-drop previews and continuous feedback loops. The new UI for DataWeave includes:
- Live design: Interactive development interfaces, which allows users to dynamically see the result of transformations as they build mappings, rather than creating a separate testing workflow after the map is built, saving time and effort.
- Group maps: An approach for showing complex data mappings clearly as “tubes” for groups of fields and “lines” for individual fields, with intelligent layered highlighting that is context relevant within a focused active view, helping view the overall structure of mapping.
- Two-way editing: The ability to jump back and forth between graphical and code-based mapping. This feature allows users to quickly build maps using the graphical interface, but dive deep into complex expressions without ever losing context.
The platform release also includes the general availability of Anypoint Partner Manager, a trading partner management solution that allows organizations to govern and report on interactions with external parties offering:
- Partner-specific profiles: Graphically configure identity and security certification settings by trading partner.
- Partner-specific message processing rules: Create message processing rules by partner (such as behavior of MDNs for messages sent through AS2).
- Message logging and search based on message metadata: Search for messages by Message Type, Direction (Inbound/Outbound), Date, File name and more.
Read more: https://www.mulesoft.com/platform/enterprise-integ...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more